Montana 700 - $1,099
Montana 700i - $1,249 (Montana 700 with InReach)
Montana 750i - $1,449 (Montana 700 with InReach and camera)
Download a Montana 700 comparison.
These units come preloaded with Garmin's TopoActive mapping. For New Zealand, the scale of this mapping is around 1:80,000 scale.
However, for an additional $100 (for each unit), Freshmap, at 1:50,000 scale, can be added.
The Montana 700 handheld brings advanced outdoor features into a sturdy 12.7cm format that's ideal for navigation on foot, bike, kayak, ATV and more.
Rugged by design
- Routable TopoActive Australia and New Zealand maps.
- Meets MIL-STD 810 for thermal, shock, water and vibration.
- Get the clear perspective of BirdsEye Satellite Imagery right to your device.
- ABC sensors and multiple GNSS networks have your back.
- Power your adventures with 18+ hours of lithium-ion battery life in GPS mode your on any terrain.
This durable, water-resistant handheld is tested to U.S. military standards and features a glove-friendly 5" touchscreen that's 50% larger than previous Montana models.
TopoActive Australia and New Zealand maps
To navigate your adventures, use preloaded TopoActive Australia and New Zealand maps. View elevations, coastlines, rivers, landmarks and more.
Use direct-to-device downloads of BirdsEye Satellite Imagery(no annual subscription required) to see photo-realistic views and create waypoints based on landmarks.
Navigate your next trail with ABC sensors, including an altimeter for elevation data, barometer to monitor weather and 3-axis electronic compass.
Use cellular connectivity1 to access up-to-date Active Weather forecasts through the Garmin Connect™ app.
For hunters and trainers, this Montana syncs with compatible Astro series handhelds (sold separately) to help track sporting dogs in the field.
Access to GPS, GLONASS and GALILEO satellite networks enables Montana®700 to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone.
The LiveTrack feature lets you wirelessly connect your device with other compatible Garmin GPS users, so they can follow your tracks, routes, waypoints and adventures.
Trek far and wide off-grid. Use Expedition mode, an ultralow-power GPS reference, to keep Montana tracking for a week or more between recharges.
An internal, rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack provides more than 18 hours of battery life in GPS mode. It can also be powered with traditional AA batteries.
A variety of Montana handheld-compatible mounts (sold separately) lets you adapt your navigator for use on ATVs, boats, cars, motorcycles, RVs or other vehicles.
Maps & Memory
- Physical dimensions 8.76 x 18.30 x 3.27 cm
- Display size 6.48 x 10.80 cm; 12.70 cm
- Display resolution 480 x 800 pixels
- Display type WVGA transflective, dual orientation
- Weight 397 g with included lithium-ion battery pack
- Battery type rechargeable lithium-ion (included) or 3 AA batteries (not included); lithium recommended
- Battery life GPS Mode: up to 18 hours Expedition Mode: up to 330 hours
- Water rating IPX7
- Mil-std-810 yes (thermal, shock, water, vibe)
- High-sensitivity receiver
- Interface High speed micro USB and NMEA 0183 compatible
- Memory/history 16 GB (user space varies based on included mapping)
- Preloaded maps - TopoActive Australia and New Zealand
- Ability to add maps
- Automatic routing - with optional mapping for detailed roads
- Map segments 15000
- Birdseye - direct to device
- Includes detailed hydrographic features (coastlines, lake/river shorelines, wetlands and perennial and seasonal streams)
- Includes searchable points of interests (parks, campgrounds, scenic lookouts and picnic sites)
- External memory storage
- Waypoints/favourites/locations 10000
- Tracks 250
- Track log 20000 points, 250 saved gpx tracks, 300 saved fit activities
- Routes 250, 250 points per route; 50 points auto routing
- Rinex logging
Daily Smart Features
- Barometric altimeter
- GPS compass (while moving)
Safety and Tracking Features
- Connect iq™
- Virb® remote
- Pairs with garmin connect™ mobile
- Active weather
- Smart notifications on handheld
inReach® Features "i" units only
- Point-to-point navigation
- Compatible with basecamp™
- Area calculation
- Hunt/fish calendar
- Sun and moon information
- Xero™ locations
- Custom maps compatible
- Picture viewer
- InReach Remote Widget
- Led beacon flashlight
- InReach Remote Compatible
- Compatible with Garmin Explore™ app
- Garmin explore website compatible
- Dog tracking - when paired to compatible dog track system
- Wireless Connectivity Yes (Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, ANT+®)