Click here for a detailed information sheet about InReach charges.
People love the ability to be able to send and receive replies from those they communicate with. They also like the message confirmation they receive when they send a message . You can pair it with a smartphone via an app which makes the sending of messages a little easier via a larger screen and authorised users can remotely view the location of a unit without any input from the user.
The Explorer provides the means via which a user can create a route via their account, place waypoints on that route and sync their Explorer with their account. This transfers the file into the unit and the user can then use the unit to direct them where they need to go and to tell them the distance they are from the next waypoint. They can also log their own GPS location for fututre use as required.
There are no term contracts and charges are debited monthly in NZ dollars. Details of the available plans are shown in the attached brochure. A user can suspend service by paying $5.95 per month during the OFF Season and set it up again on line when they want to use it again.
- Messages and track points sent via the world's furthest-reaching satellite network
- Uses Iridium 9603 short-burst technology
iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Android compatibility
- Made for iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS, iPad (3rd and 4th generation), iPad 2, iPad, iPad mini and iPod touch (3rd, 4th and 5th generation). - Compatible with Android 2.2 and later
- Dimensions, 149mm high including antenna, 62mm wide, 26mm depth
- Weight with internal lithium polymer batter, 189 grams
- Waterproof and dustproof (IP67 1 metre for 30 minutes)
- Impact resistant (meets Mil STD 810F)
- One year warranty
- Operating temperature: -20c to 60c
- Storage temperature: -40c to 85c