GPSMap 66sr - $879
These units come preloaded with Garmin's TopoActive mapping. For New Zealand, the scale of this mapping is around 1:80,000 scale.
However, for an additional $100 (for each unit), Freshmap, at 1:50,000 scale, can be added.
Download a GPS 6s/sr comparison.
Whether you're hiking, hunting, climbing, geocaching, kayaking or mountain biking, explore more by using this premium, rugged handheld with a 3-inch colour display, preloaded maps and optimal accuracy.
Expanded GNSS support
- No squinting necessary with this large, sunlight-readable colour display
- Multi-band technology and expanded GNSS satellite support guide the way in challenging locations.
- Maps as pretty as a picture and just as detailed — without a subscription.
- See the peaks and valleys clearly with TopoActive Europe maps.
- Having Active Weather is like having your own personal weather forecaster on your journey1.
- Explore more with up to 36 hours of battery life in GPS mode and up to 450 hours in Expedition mode.
Multi-band technology and expanded GNSS support (GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS and IRNSS) provide optimal accuracy in steep country, urban canyons and forests with dense trees.
Navigate every trail with ABC sensors, including an altimeter for elevation data, barometer to monitor weather and 3-axis electronic compass.
BirdsEye satellite imagery
Download high-resolution photo-realistic maps directly to your device without an annual subscription. Easily find trails, pick stand locations, find parking, create waypoints and more.
Preloaded TopoActive maps provide detailed views of routable street and off-road networks, waterways, natural features, land use areas, buildings and more.
When paired with your compatible smartphone, you can get real-time forecast information and live weather radar, so you're aware of the surrounding conditions1.
Built for adventure
This handheld is built to military standards for thermal, shock and water performance (MIL-STD-810), and it's even compatible with night vision goggles.
The GPSMAP 66 series helps you keep gear to a minimum with a built-in LED flashlight that can be used as a beacon to signal for help.
Get automatic cache updates from Geocaching Live, including descriptions, logs and hints. When connected via Wi-Fi® technology or to the Garmin Connect™ app2, each find will upload to your Geocaching.com profile.
Garmin Explore™ App
Plan, review and sync waypoints, routes and tracks by using the Garmin Explore™ app2 and website. You can even review completed activities while still in the field.
Internal Lithium-ion rechargeable battery provides up to 36 hours of battery life in GPS mode and up to 3 weeks in Expedition mode.
Maps & Memory
- Physical dimensions 6.2 x 16.3 x 3.5 cm
- Display size 3.8 x 6.3 cm; diagonal (7.6 cm)
- Display resolution 240 x 400 pixels
- Display type Transflective, colour TFT
- Weight 230 g with batteries
- Battery type Rechargeable, internal lithium-ion
- Battery life Up to 36 hours, up to 450 hours in expedition mode
- Water rating IPX7
- Mil-std-810 yes (thermal, shock, water)
- Interface High-speed micro USB and NMEA 0183 compatible
- Memory/history 16 GB (user space varies based on included mapping)
- Preloaded maps - TopoActive
- Ability to add maps
- Automatic routing
- Map segments 15,000
- Birdseye - direct to device
- Includes detailed hydrographic features
- Includes searchable points of interests
- Displays national, state and local parks, forests, and wilderness areas
- External memory storage
- Waypoints/favorites/locations 10,000
- Tracks 250
- Track log 20,000 points, 250 saved gpx tracks, 300 saved fit activities
- Routes 200, 250 points per route; 50 points auto routing
- Rinex logging
Daily Smart Features
- QZSS (Japan)
- IRNSS (India))
- GPS compass (while moving)
- barometric altimeter (GPS65s only)
- electronic compass (GPS65s only)
- Connect iq™ (downloadable watch faces, data fields, widgets and apps)
- Virb® remote
- Pairs with garmin connect™ mobile
- Active weather
- Smart notifications on handheld
- Safety and Tracking Features
- Point-to-point navigation
- Compatible with basecamp™
- Area calculation
- Hunt/fish calendar
- Sun and moon information
- Xero™ locations
- Custom maps compatible
- Picture viewer
- Inreach remote widget
- Led beacon flashlight
- Compatible with garmin explore™ app
- Garmin explore website compatible
- Wireless connectivity - Bluetooth®, ANT+®